- Laundry Stripping bedding, washing & drying, folding, remaking bed
- Bathrooms Sink, tub, mirror, floors, toilet
- Floors Sweeping & Vacuuming
Light Housekeeping does not include:
- Use of a foot stool or ladder
- Dusting or wiping above 6 feet
- Scrubbing floors on hands and knees
- Work outside of the house including yard, patios
- This service is provided by volunteers or individuals under contract with Columbia Valley Better at Home and is contingent upon their availability.
- Clients must provide all cleaning supplies, including gloves.
- Housekeepers need to be permitted to wear their own indoor-only shoes to comply with Occupational Health & Safety Standards.
- Clients need to be present for the entire duration of the visit.
|Fee Category||Single Income
Clients living alone
Clients not living alone
|Charge to Client|
|A||Below $17,350||Below $26,450||$0 (100% subsidy)|
|B||$17,351 – $24,500||$26,451 – $37,100||$7.50 (70% subsidy)|
|C||$24,501 – $38,400||$37,101 – $72,000||$17.50 (30% subsidy)|
|D||Over $38,400||Over $72,000||$25 (no subsidy)|
- Rates are per hour. A 1 hour block is available at the subsidized rate each week.
- Clients are able to purchase additional hours at full price, depending on availability.
- There is a 24 hour minimum cancellation policy for services. Clients may be charged $5 if they cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice.