Volunteers assist clients with basic home repairs that improve their safety, security and comfort.
Services may include
- Minor wall repairs
- Replacing light bulbs
- Replacing bolts/screws
- Fixing minor leaks
- Fixing weather stripping
- Replacing toilet seats
- Adjusting or replacing curtain rods
- Fixing any closing mechanisms like door knobs, closet knobs, drawer handles
- Fixing shelves
- Work that would require a professional tradesperson
- Any task that a volunteer deems unsafe
- This service is provided by volunteers or individuals under contract with Columbia Valley Better At Home and is contingent upon their availability.
- An assessment of the requested task may be required.
- Clients must provide equipment, tools and supplies.
|Fee Category||Single Income
Clients living alone
Clients not living alone
|Charge to Client|
|A||Below $17,350||Below $26,450||$0 (100% subsidy)|
|B||$17,351 – $24,500||$26,451 – $37,100||$7.50 (70% subsidy)|
|C||$24,501 – $38,400||$37,101 – $72,000||$17.50 (30% subsidy)|
|D||Over $38,400||Over $72,000||$25 (no subsidy)|
- Rates are per hour.
- A 1 hour block is available at the subsidized rate each week.
- Clients are able to purchase additional hours at full price, depending on availability.
- There is a 24 hour minimum cancellation policy for services. Clients may be charged $5 if they cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice.