Volunteers transport clients in the volunteers’ vehicle to do grocery shopping, attend appointments, or participate in social activities in the community.
- This service is provided by volunteers and is contingent upon their availability.
- Cost is based on kilometres which begin and end at the senior’s house.
- All volunteer drivers are 21+ years of age, hold a valid BC driver’s license with a minimum of 5 years driving experience, a clean Driver’s Abstract, and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Vehicles and drivers are not able to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Clients are responsible for all parking costs.
|Fee Category||Single Income
Clients living alone
Clients not living alone
|Charge to Client|
|A||Below $17,350||Below $26,450||$0/km (100% subsidy)|
|B||$17,351 – $24,500||$26,451 – $37,100||$0.15/km (70% subsidy)|
|C||$24,501 – $38,400||$37,101 – $72,000||$0.35/km (30% subsidy)|
|D||Over $38,400||Over $72,000||$0.50/km (no subsidy)|
- Rates are per hour.
- A 1 hour block is available at the subsidized rate each week.
- Clients are able to purchase additional hours at full price, depending on availability.
- There is a 24 hour minimum cancellation policy for services. Clients may be charged $5 if they cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice.