The Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month. The fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods. Phone the Family Resource Centre 250-342-5566.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Resource Center, AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and District of Invermere, and dedicated volunteers.
Important information to remember
|Cut off Date||Pick up Date|
|May 13, 2015||May 20, 2015|
|June 10, 2015||June 17, 2015|
|July 8, 2015||July 15, 2015|
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready to be picked up the following Wednesday by 10:30 AM.
Any food not picked up on delivery day will be given away.
If you would like to take part in the co-op or volunteer, please call one of the following:
Invermere: Family Resource Center 250 342 5566
Juniper Heights/Radium: Marion Hoover 250 342 2678
Pick Up Location: Invermere Community Hall, before 10:30 AM
Recipe of the Month
- 1/2 pound ground lean beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green and red peppers
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup water1 beef bouillon cube (or ¾ cup beef broth)
- In a large saucepan or skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt if desired, basil and pepper. Stir in the noodles, beans, tomatoes, water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. 5 servings
This is a quick dinner with very little clean up!
Find what makes your heart sing and create your own music. ~Mac Anderson