The Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month. The fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods.
Phone Family Dynamix 250-342-5566.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Dynamix, AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and District of Invermere, and a team of dedicated volunteers.
Final Order Date
|Pick up Date|
July 12, 2017
|July 19, 2017|
|August 9, 2017||
August 16, 2017
|September 13, 2017||
September 20, 2017
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready to be picked up the following Wednesday
Any food not picked up on delivery day will be given to the Food Bank.
Pick Up Location: Invermere Community Hall before 10:00 AM
Columbia Valley Food Bank Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 to 2 PM
Third Wednesday of the month 5:30 to 7 PM
Recipes of the Month
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Make a well in the center of the rice mixture; add eggs. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Add the remaining ingredients; stir-fry until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Strawberry Feta Tossed Salad
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
Balsamic vinaigrette Directions
In a large salad bowl, combine the salad greens, strawberries, feta cheese and sunflower kernels. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings