The Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month. The fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods.
Phone Family Dynamix 250-342-5566.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Dynamix, AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and District of Invermere, and a team of dedicated volunteers.
|Final Order Date||Pick up Date|
|June 14, 2017||June 21, 2017|
|July 12, 2017||July 19, 2017|
|August 9, 2017||August 16, 2017|
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready to be picked up the following Wednesday
Any food not picked up on delivery day will be given to the Food Bank.
Pick Up Location: Invermere Community Hall before 10:00 AM
Columbia Valley Food Bank Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 to 2 PM
Third Wednesday of the month 5:30 to 7 PM
Recipe of the Month
Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.