Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month. Two sizes are available; Single size ($5.00) or; Family size, ($10.00). The fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods. Phone the Family Resource Centre 250-342-5566.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Resource Center, AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and District of Invermere, and dedicated volunteers.
Important information to remember
|Cut off Date||Pick up Date|
|February 11, 2015||February 18, 2015|
|March 11, 2015||March 18, 2015|
|April 8, 2015||April 15, 2015|
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready to be picked up the following Wednesday by 10:30 AM
If you would like to take part in the co-op or volunteer, please call one of the following:
Invermere: Family Resource Center 250 342 5566
Juniper Heights/Radium: Marion Hoover 250 342 2678
Pick Up Location: Invermere Community Hall, before 10:30 AM
Chicken and Barley Soup
This recipe freezes well.
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced celery
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced carrot
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lb (250 g) chicken breast chopped into bite-sized pieces (about 1 large breast)
- ½ tsp (2 mL) oregano
- ½ cup (125 mL) barley, rinsed
- * 2 cups (500 mL) 25% sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- ½ tsp (2 mL) black pepper
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, celery and carrots until onions are soft. About 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Add oregano, barley, stock and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
- Season with black pepper and serve.