COLUMBIA VALLEY GOOD FOOD CO-OP
BOX 2289 INVERMERE, B.C. V0A 1K
November 15, 2017
The Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month. The fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods.
Phone Family Dynamix 250-342-5566.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Dynamix, AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and District of Invermere, and a team of dedicated volunteers.
Final Order Date
Pick up Date
December 13, 2017
|December 20, 2017|
January 10, 2018
January 17, 2018
|February 14, 2018||
February 21, 2018
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready to be picked up the following Wednesday
Any food not picked up on delivery day will be given to the Food Bank.
Pick Up Location: Invermere Legion before 10:00 AM
Columbia Valley Food Bank Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 to 2 PM
Third Wednesday each month 5:30 to 7 PM
Christmas Bureau Applications are available at: Family Centre, Women’s Center and Employment Services
Final day for Christmas Bureau Applications: December 7, 2017
Delivery day for Christmas Bureau Hampers: December 14, 2017
Ham & Cheese Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (28 ounces each) frozen O’Brien potatoes
- 1 package (16 ounces) cheese cubed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix soup, sour cream, water and pepper until blended. Stir in potatoes, cheese and ham.
- Transfer to two greased 2-qt. baking dishes. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake casseroles as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 2 casseroles (5 servings each).
Butterscotch Fudge Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Remove from the heat; stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in chips.
- 2. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Cut and serve. Yield: 1 dozen.