COLUMBIA VALLEY GOOD FOOD CO-OP
BOX 2289 INVERMERE, B.C. V0A 1K0
April 18, 2018
The Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month. The
fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods.
Family Dynamix 250-342-5566.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Dynamix,
AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and District of Invermere, and a team of dedicated volunteers.
|Final Order Date||Pick up Date|
|May 9, 2018||May 16, 2018|
|June 13, 2018||June 20, 2018|
|July 11, 2018||July 18, 2018|
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready
to be picked up the following Wednesday Any food not picked up on delivery day will be given to the Food Bank.
Pick Up Location: Invermere Legion before 10:00 AM
Every Monday: Senior Sing Along Columbia Gardens 10 am
Aqua Fit Radium Pools 10 am
Every Thursday: Senior Walking Edgewater Hall 9 am
Story time at the Invermere Public Library 10:30
Every Friday: Invermere Senior Walking The Bakery 9:30 am
Baby Rhyme Time Invermere Public Library 10:30 am
Recipe of the Month
One-Skillet Pork Chop Supper
Total Time: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices, or 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- Cracked black pepper and chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides;
- remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, sauté vegetables in drippings until lightly browned. Whisk together soup and
- water; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, just until vegetables
- are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Add chops; cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Remove from
- heat; let stand 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Columbia Valley Food Bank Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 to 2 PM
Third Wednesday of the month 5:30 to 7 PM