The Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month. The fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Dynamix, AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and Legion, and a team of dedicated volunteers.
|Final Order Date||Pick up Date|
July 10, 2019
|July 17, 2019|
|August 14, 2019||August 21, 2019|
|September 11, 2019||September 18, 2018|
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready to be picked up the following Wednesday. Any food not picked up on delivery day will be given to the Food Bank.
Pick Up Location: Invermere Legion before 10:00 AM
Columbia Valley Food Bank Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 to 2 PM
- 6 hot dogs
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1. Cook hot dogs according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- 2. Place hot dogs in buns. Spoon chili over hot dogs. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; spoon over tops. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
Ground Beef Veggie Stew
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain. Remove from pan; set aside.
- 2. In the same saucepan, add oil, squash, zucchini and red pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 5-7 minutes. Add beef, tomatoes, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 5-8 minutes. Stir in cilantro to serve. If desired, top with sour cream.