Volunteers assist clients with basic home repairs that improve their safety, security and comfort.
Services may include
- Minor wall repairs
- Replacing light bulbs
- Replacing bolts/screws
- Fixing minor leaks
- Fixing weather stripping
- Replacing toilet seats
- Adjusting or replacing curtain rods
- Fixing any closing mechanisms like door knobs, closet knobs, drawer handles
- Fixing shelves
- Work that would require a professional tradesperson
- Any task that a volunteer deems unsafe
- This service is provided by volunteers or individuals under contract with Columbia Valley Better At Home and is contingent upon their availability.
- An assessment of the requested task may be required.
- Clients must provide equipment, tools and supplies.