March 20, 2019
The Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month. The
fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods.
Family Dynamix 250-342-5566.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Dynamix,
AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and Legion, and a team of dedicated volunteers.
|Final Order Date||Pick up Date|
|April 10, 2019||April 17, 2019|
|May 8, 2019||May 15, 2019|
|June 12, 2019||June 19, 2019|
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready to
be picked up the following Wednesday. Any food not picked up on delivery day will be given to the Food
Pick Up Location: Invermere Legion before 10:00 AM
Columbia Valley Food Bank Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 to 2 PM
Recipe of the Month
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 10-ounces each)
1 8-inch day-old baguette
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup plus 2 tbps fresh basil, finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 15-ounce can tomato puree
1 small garlic clove, grated
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 4 thin cutlets. Put between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut any hard crusts off the bread with a serrated knife, then cut the bread into cubes. Add the bread cubes to a food processor with the motor running, a few pieces at a time, and process to make coarse crumbs (you will have about 1 1/4 cups crumbs).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons parmesan and cook, stirring, until melted, about 1 more minute. Transfer to a bowl and stir in 2 tablespoons basil; set aside. Preheat the broiler.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; add to the skillet (in batches, if necessary) and cook until golden and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- 5. Add the tomato puree, then rinse out the can with 1 cup water and add to the skillet. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon parmesan; reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, turning to coat with the sauce. Top with the remaining 1 tablespoon parmesan and all but a few tablespoons of the toasted breadcrumb mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and the remaining breadcrumbs. Broil until the cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes