“Family Dynamix acknowledges that we deliver services on the unceded shared territories of the Ktunaxa and Secwepemc people.”
COLUMBIA VALLEY GOOD FOOD CO-OP
November 20, 2019
The Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month.
The fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods.
Family Dynamix 250-342-5566.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Dynamix,
AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and Legion, and a team of dedicated volunteers.
|Final Order Date||Pick up Date|
|December 11, 2019||December 18, 2019|
|January 8, 2020||January 15, 2020|
|February 12, 2020||February 19, 2020|
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready to be picked up the following Wednesday. Any food not picked up on delivery day will be given to the Food Bank.
Pick Up Location: Invermere Legion before 10:00 AM
Christmas Bureau Applications are available at Family Dynamix
Free Winter Wear is available at 926 7th Ave Lower Level
Monday to Thursday 9 am to 1 pm
Recipes of the Month
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables of your choice, thawed
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until steak and potatoes are tender, 8-10 hours.Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add water if necessary.
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 1 cup julienned carrots or sliced celery
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until macaroni is tender, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.