COLUMBIA VALLEY GOOD FOOD CO-OP
BOX 2289 INVERMERE, B.C. V0A 1K0
September 19, 2018
The Good Food Co-op offers a food box of fresh fruits and vegetables once a month. The
fruits and vegetables are purchased at a reduced rate from AG Foods.
Family Dynamix 250-342-5566.
The Good Food Co-op is a partnership between the Family Dynamix,
AG Valley Foods, Kinsmen and Legion, and a team of dedicated volunteers.
Final Order Date
|Pick up Date|
|October 10, 2018||October 17, 2018|
|November 14, 2018||November 21, 2018|
|December 12, 2019||December 19, 2019|
The orders must be placed (and paid for) by the second Wednesday of each month, and will be ready
to be picked up the following Wednesday Any food not picked up on delivery day will be given to the Food
Pick Up Location: Invermere Legion before 10:00 AM
Columbia Valley Food Bank Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 to 2 PM
Third Wednesday of the month 5:30 to 7 PM
Chili Cottage Pie
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables or 2 cups vegetables of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef, salt and pepper until beef is no longer pink; drain and remove from skillet.
- 2. In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Add beef, mixed vegetables, kidney beans, tomatoes, beef stock and chili seasoning; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Heat mashed potatoes spread over top of beef mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes; sprinkle with green onions and Parmesan cheese.
Brown Sugar & Banana Oatmeal
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional milk or ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil; stir in oats. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the banana, brown sugar, honey and cinnamon. Serve with additional milk and cinnamon if desired