Position: Permanent part-time
Hours: Up to 20 hours
Start date: Immediately
Duties: Housekeeper/Janitor performs routine cleaning, minor maintenance, and service functions in the organization’s buildings or in residences. The primary duties include:
- Cleaning and disinfecting appliances, mattresses and furniture and areas such as walls, windows, shelves, ceilings, floors, carpets, air vents, blinds, and washrooms by methods such as dusting, polishing, vacuuming, sweeping, wet mopping, shampooing, waxing, and buffing using various manual and power cleaning equipment.
- Loading and unloading dishwasher.
- Changing and making beds, replacing light bulbs, and providing minor repairs such as changing batteries or tightening a cupboard doorknob.
- Removing garbage, recycling materials, and safely disposing hazardous wastes.
- Removing snow and sprinkling salt from house to car door only.
- Securing the building by arming alarms and locking doors and windows.
- Identifying and reporting possible repairs and insect and rodent infestation to coordinator and homeowner.
- Occasionally, extra deep cleaning may be needed along with other related duties as required.
Qualifications: Grade 10. One-month recent related experience. Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Application process: Submit a resume and cover letter to Purnima Gosavi, Director of Program Management, Family Dynamix, at Box 2289, Invermere, B.C., V0A 1K0, or email her at email@example.com.
Application closing date: April 16th, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.
We appreciate all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.