Women’s Outreach Work (WOW)
To provide support and advocacy to women who have been abused or who are at risk of being abused. We believe that no one deserves to be abused and that there are alternatives to living with abuse.
The WOW program at Family Dynamix is a referral and support program for women and their children, who have experienced or are at risk of domestic violence or domestic abuse. The program assists with supporting women who require long-term support after they leave are in the process of leaving and/or living in an abusive relationship.
We help women to overcome the barriers that hinder and sometimes prevent them from being able to safely leave a relationship with an abusive partner. We provide information about options, alternatives, and available services along with emotional support, while decisions and plans are being made.
The WOW services include but are not limited to:
- Supportive counseling and advocacy
- Accompaniment to appointments
- Assistance in securing housing
- Help in accessing the police and legal systems
- Obtaining income assistance
- Providing knowledge and education on life skills
- Referrals to second-stage housing
- Mental health and/or addictions resources and referrals
- Family, and parenting supports
- Referrals to government and community-based agencies
- Employment coaching and education
It is important to note that women do not have to leave their relationship, stay at one of our private safe homes or make a police report in order to access our services. We respect and support the woman’s right to make her own decisions. The journey is hers and we support her choices to leave or to stay.
WOW has a close connection with many Columbia Valley and provincial wide programs that address women’s issues and is bridged many services in the Columbia Valley community, including, but not limited to:
- Invermere hospitals, medical clinics,
- Mental health and substance use services
- Local elementary and secondary schools and college
- Columbia Valley RCMP
- Ministry of Children & Family Development
- Kootenay Employment Services
Family Dynamix WOW Services:
Family Dynamix is committed to supporting women who have been abused or who are at risk of being abused.
If you would like to talk to one of our caring Support Workers about your situation, please email or call at:-
West Office Hours – Monday to Friday, 9 am to 4 pm.
West Office Phone Number – (250) 341-3963
Main office Hours – Monday to Thursday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm
Main Office Phone Number – (250) 342-5566
24/7 Crisis line: 1-800-200-3003
If you need to stay at a shelter Our Women’s Information & Safe Homes Program is available where someone is on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, call 1-800-200-3003.
Abuse is never OK. Asking for help is.
Under construction! Please visit again. Thank you.